Re: Fw: Always loved the TR-3 have questions.

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Always loved the TR-3 have questions.
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:50:14 -0700
Single Cab VW wanted wrote:

>Does this car seat big guys good, 6'3' 240lbs?
>
>Is this a good deal

Well $21.5K is certainly at the high end of what TR3As have ever sold
for -- but this appears it could be at the high-end of restored TR3As.
Yes, there are many things that could be cited as non-original or
incorrect though at a quick look all the ones I saw were pretty minor.
At least it is being sold by a business (instead of a zero-feedback eBay
seller in Miami) which gives you a chance to assess who stands behind
any claims.

Perhaps no one on this list has purchased a TR for that much money but
it is quite possible there are some who have spent that much on the car
they have.  I know I would be loathe to add up all the receipts over the
years.

As for comfort -- lots of leg room in a TR3 and infinite head room if
you leave the top down.  Biggest discomfort would probably be your left
elbow if you choose to drive with all the foul-weather equipment in place.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ