Re: Is it possible to get a TR3 for under $5,000?

To: BigOldWumper@aol.com
Subject: Re: Is it possible to get a TR3 for under $5,000?
From: Nicholas Wolf <nwolf@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:07:05 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Sean
  My wife and I bought a nifty '62 TR4 two years ago for under $5000 from
Drakes' British Motors in Kelowna, BC.  The Drakes (Len and Scott) pick up most
of their cars from dry places in the southwestern USA, and when they say "rust
free", they mean it.  They often have several TR3's or 4's in your price range
(although their inventory is kinda low right now), and the exchange rate
definitely works in our favor.
  I have no financial interest in the company, except that I think they're
great folks and I hope they're doing well.
  Their address is: www.drakesbritishmotors.com
  Good luck!
- Nick Wolf
nwolf@u.washington.edu

P.S. When you say you want an "almost running" car for under $5000, it says to
me that you're prepared to pay a bit more than that to get it on the road and
in good shape (in our case it turned out to be several thousand dollars).  Keep
this in mind when you go shopping... Sometimes you're better off paying $6000
up front for a nice driving car rather than $4000 for a fixer-upper that just
needs "a little work."