Color match.

To: dixie <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Color match.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:39:49 -0800
Cc: Gbouff1@aol.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
painting and color matching is not the exact science we would like.  In
my case I had my local TR guru paint my car.  He gave me a half pint of
the paint at the time of completion.  He used a very expensive German
brand of paint.

Flash forward four year and the expensive German paint is cracking and
chipping around my wheel wells in the rear.  The same friend comes to
repair the damage with the original paint.  The match is only close.
You have to allow for fading and oxidation I guess.

I had my own experience with Liberty Mutual and they treated me much
better than my own insurance company, Allied.  In fact they were so
helpful that I would have switched my insurance if they had an agent in
my locality.  Of course I was comparing them to Allied which would make
any company look good.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom