Oil Spill Cleanup Attempt #2

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Spill Cleanup Attempt #2
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:55:28 EST
Greetings and Happy New Year Listers!

After less-than-impressive results plugging my TR3A's oil leaks last winter,
I'm about to take another run at it.  I have to believe I can at least cut the
flow in half.

Here's the situation:  A great deal of the leakage appear to be coming from
around the oil sump flange.  Last year I tried to flatten out the flange as
much as possible, but I believe I can do a better job this time around, and I
may
have again overtightened the bolts when putting it back on.  My question is,
what else can be done while I have the oil sump off, particularly at the front
or rear seal areas?  What's to be done with the little cork "T" that comes
with my oil sump gasket?  I'm ready for all measures that can be performed with
the engine in place.

Your advice on reducing the oil flow would be greatly appreciated.

>From the bridge of the Valdez,

Bill Stagg
1961 TR3A