Like a Phoenix and all that jazz...

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Like a Phoenix and all that jazz...
From: "Zahid Ahsanullah" <zahid.ahsanullah@ieee.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:37:07 -0600
GlacierBrian Smith writes:
> I've decided to press my '72 spitfire back into daily service

Brian, mine is almost the identical story. My `80 Spitfire lay with a seized
engine for 7 years because my beautiful daughter who is now 6 years old need
all my attention. Last summer I started on the same endeavor and my car is
now almost done. Me and my friend Dan did the engine and gearbox overhaul
for starters but later found out that almost everything had to be redone.
The final cost... $3200 which includes:
1. engine overhaul and head rebuild.
2. gearbox overhaul.
3. new Crane ignition
4. new tires.
5. rebuild all hydrolics, resurface disks.
6. new starter motor.
7. new fuel tank.
8. new clutch.
9. new water pump.
10. new wiper blades.
11. weber dgv rebuild.
12. all new bolts on engine.
13 new rack and pinion boots.
14 TOTAL TIME TAKEN 5 MONTHS!!

there are some more stuff as well but that is the gist of it. I can't wait
to stab the gearbox in tomorrow and start driving. The car needs a new paint
job bad, but that'll have to wait. Good luck on your project and remember
"beef up your life insurance to protect the kid's future".

best wishes
Zahid

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
image002.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Glacier Bkgrd.jpg]