Replace Girling with Tilton?

To: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replace Girling with Tilton?
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:54:29 -0800 (PST)
Hi, Everybody,

best wishes for the New Year.

My Girling master cylinder for my clutch leaks down. I rebuilt it once a
couple of years ago, and my job of rebuiling the original does not seem to
capture OEM quality.

Rather than rebuilding it AGAIN, I thought I'd break down and replace
one of the original parts.

I've seen Tilton used on every thing from stock cars to F1 and many 60's
vintage racers, so I'm thinking they're probably OK. And you know, I have
dreams of raching this car someday....

But how close (or far) are they from a bolt-in replacement?

Anyone have experiences with the job?

The fitment in particular is my '62 TR4 CT 74xx LO

-jeffrey