Re: ID-ing a part for a 1974 TR6

To: JVasko10@aol.com
Subject: Re: ID-ing a part for a 1974 TR6
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:23:20 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/19/2004 3:21:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, JVasko10
writes:

> I would like help in identifying a part for a 1974 Triumph TR6.  The part
> is a metal plate 4"x2" about 1/8th inch thick.  It has a 3/8th inch hole in
> the center and one side has a raised circle around the hole about 1 inch in
> diameter and the other side is indented.  There are 2 of these parts.
Thanks,
> let me know if you can help or someone who can.

Admittedly, the "picture is worth 1000 words" applies here. I don't know TR6s
all that intimately, but I'm wondering if it might have something to do with
the steering column and/or mount for same? Just an "off the wall" guess.

I'm copying the "Triumphs" e-mail list on this reply. Maybe someone on the
list will recognize the description. If anyone does, please reply directly to
<
JVasko10@aol.com>.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
  Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse) and Herald Database!
<http://members.aol.com/herald1200/database/>