Re: Wheel colors

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel colors
From: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:00:37 -0800
When I had my 64 TR4 rims powdercoated, my powdercoater had two colors that
were close.  Rally Silver or Aluminum.  I chose the rally silver based on
the samples he had in the shop.  I am not real happy with the color.  In the
bright sun, they look ok, but in other conditions, the color looks too gray.
Later I found a passage in one of the Triumph restoration books that says
the wheels should be painted an aluminum color.  Given the colors that my
supplier offered, I would choose the bright silver aluminum color next time.

As a side note, the powdercoating has held up great over the last two years.
The wheels stay very clean.  Hears a scary thought though, powder coating is
not brake fluid resistant.  What happens when a wheel cylinder starts to
leak?  I'll let you know if I find out first.

Good luck on your final choice.

Paul Willoughby
Torrance, CA
1956 TR3