Re: thermostats

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: thermostats
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:34:35 -0500
All of you have made the excellent point that engine cooling is a much
bigger issue than just the thermostat, reminding me that guarding against
overheating with every consideration is probably the safe bet.  I want to
point out that Bill Babbit made his own cardboard airducts for his car out
of a plastic so that rain doesn't demolish them so easily as the originals.

I think I'll e-mail Ken Gillanders at British Frame and Engines to see if he
has the Smith's skirted thermostat that Fred Thomas mentions.  Since my name
is Terry Smith, it seems obvious to me that this brand of thermostat must
work harder and be better looking than any of the alternatives....

Thank you all.  Let's fight overheating by degrees!

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A (Off the frame and in pieces, but they're cleaned, rebuilt or
replaced to an increasing degree!)