Adding an electric fuel pump to a TR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Adding an electric fuel pump to a TR6
From: "Rob Christopher \(robc\)" <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:36:27 -0500
Cc: <DANMAS@aol.com>
Hi list, and Dan in particular.

I'm adding an electric fuel pump to my TR6 and was wondering why, in
Dan's excellent TR6 electrical manual, it is recommended to add a
separate fuse on the white wire which runs to the inertia switch and
then to the relay.

Why run a separate fuse and wire, when the green wire used to actually
power the pump is a fused version of a white wire in the first place?
Why not just used the green wire to power the pump -AND- run it to the
inertia switch/relay?  What advantage is it to have the relay energized
and the pump off if the 'green' fuse blows and the new 'white' fuse
doesn't?

Rob in Ottawa
74.5 TR6 CF28127UO