RE: Need Wiring Help for 76TR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Need Wiring Help for 76TR6
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:33:37 -0800
John, I don't have a TR6, just Dan's schematic, but perhaps I can help a bit

> I'm hoping someone out there wit a 76 can let me
> know which terminals on the relay they have what color wires.

Since your problem is the relay activating when it shouldn't, you need care
only about two terminals at this point, W1 and W2.  According to Dan's
schematic, one of them should be grounded (doesn't actually matter which is
which), the other should have a white/orange wire that runs to the starter
and to the seat belt warning module.  Since the starter motor will look like
a dead short to ground when it's not energized, I think this wire must be
wrong.

> I have 2
> black wires with connectors that are also connected together and its not
> that way on Dan Masters schematic.

I suspect Dan doesn't have all the grounds shown just right (similar to the
factory schematic), but solid black can only be a ground wire.  Doesn't make
sense to have them connected together, my guess is that both of them should
go to a ground connector of some sort.  On a TR3 this is just a bit of curly
metal screwed to the body, but I don't know what it looks like on a TR6.

>  I also have a black with blue stripe which is not shown.

Somehow Dan missed marking that on the schematic, but according to the color
codes, that should be the wire from the seat belt warning module to the LH
seat switch.

> I do have the normal WO,  LG/W, and PS,  but would
> like to confirm where each one goes.

white/orange I've covered.

light green/white should be seat belt module to warning lamp on the dash.

purple/slate should be bulb test relay terminal C4 to the brake warning lamp
on the dash (where it joins with black/purple wires).

Good luck, HTH
Randall