RE: Inertia switch!

Subject: RE: Inertia switch!
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:22:00 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Message text written by "T. S. White"
> >What recommendations do listers have for an inertia switch for a 1960
> TR3A?  Thanks.
> <

While I agree with Dave ... if you wanted to stick with Triumph/Lucas, the
Triumph Stag uses an inertia switch.  I wouldn't recommend it, but ...

Also just a thought, the VW Rabbit used a fuel pump relay that sensed
whether the engine was running and shut the pump off if it died.  Seemed
like a fairly trick arrangement, the relay incorporated the circuit to sense
the points and a fuse for the pump circuit.  Found mine in a junkyard for $2
... No, it's not for sale <g>

Randall Y