Re: TR3A Windscreen Guide Plates?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Windscreen Guide Plates?
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:22:55 -0700
Tr3bob@aol.com wrote:

>Yes they are required!!!...I'm surprized you didn't crack the glass without
>the spacers

In the dim recesses of my memory I thought we had a thread on this a few
years back wherein it was revealed that there were some cars that did
not have the plates/spacers.

Seems illogical because as you say, the stanchions would be set too wide
to tighten down without damaging the windscreen.  Couldn't find the
thread in the archives.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ