Lucas Masters: Please help me get my car legal.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas Masters: Please help me get my car legal.
From: "Homebru" <homebru@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:23:19 -0500
I've been outta the loop for awhile, because I thought it would be fun to
packup my family and life and move cross-country to Ft. Worth, Texas.
I have a 1967 TR4A that has to pass inspection, and everything left to do has
Lucas involved.

Last night I fixed the windscreen wipers, so I feel good about that.

My next issue deals with lights.  When I installed a new column light switch
(right side = lights/ side markers) I lost the brake lights and marker
lights.
The switch has 5 wires coming out of the bundle: brown with blue stripe, big
blue, blue with white stripe, and brown.  The problem probably relates to the
fact that I cannot find which connector to mate the brown with in the harness,
and currently the brown wire from the light stalk dangles.

I figure it must mate with one of the left side stalk connectors since they
control blinkers and side lamps.  The ones from the left side (directionals)
are: green with white, green with red, and green with brown.  I tried putting
it in each of these (I think) double connectors to no avail.

After I get this squared away, it's onto the horn that stays on if the fuse is
inserted, but one thing at a time.

Please help me, as Daphne (one 1967 TR4A) and I feel like a caged animal just
running around the neighborhood.

Thanks!
Chris