Re: Competition Windscreen Bolt Holes in Scuttle Panel

To: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Subject: Re: Competition Windscreen Bolt Holes in Scuttle Panel
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:58:48 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Earlier cars had just 4 bolt holes, with captive nuts behind the holes.
They were filled with chromed rounded hex headed bolts.

Later cars didn't have the holes at all. I don't know the changeover
point offhand.

I don't know what kind of  "competition windscreens" used the kind of
mountings you describe. Original Brooklands screens used just one piar
of holes per screen.

--
George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph