Rear Suspension Parts Location

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Suspension Parts Location
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:18:03 EST
When I removed the rubber buffers from the rear axle of the TR3A, the bottoms
were flatttened like a pancake.  Major deterioriation.  When replacing them
and wiring the new ones in, what's the proper position on the axle in relation
to the check strap?  My buffers were just to the inside of the check straps.
Is that the correct position?  What's the full function of those check straps?

The replacement buffers are hard rubber, but the ones that came out were more
the consistency of foam rubber.  Very squishy stuff.

TIA,

Bill Stagg
1960 TR3A