RE: Rear Suspension Parts Location

To: <MotoPsyche@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear Suspension Parts Location
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:56:11 -0800
> When I removed the rubber buffers from the rear axle of the TR3A,
> the bottoms
> were flatttened like a pancake.  Major deterioriation.  When
> replacing them
> and wiring the new ones in, what's the proper position on the
> axle in relation
> to the check strap?

The upper rubber is supposed to hit the check strap, if the axle ever gets
that high.  Mine does, but that's only because I drive like a nutter.

> What's the full function of those check straps?

Bump stop for the rear suspension.

> The replacement buffers are hard rubber, but the ones that came
> out were more
> the consistency of foam rubber.  Very squishy stuff.

The "automatic rust prevention system" is very hard on rubber components ...
sounds like your old buffers had been attacked by oil or something.

Randall