Non LBC - 1960 Steyr Puch Haflinger Austrian Military Vehicle

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non LBC - 1960 Steyr Puch Haflinger Austrian Military Vehicle
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:59:34 -0800
     I am selling a rare military vehicle for a friend that has relocated to
Italy for work. It is a Steyr-Puch Haflinger. It is a small military 4 X 4
that carries 4 men. It has a 700 cc air cooled boxer twin in the back. It
will climb over about anything. Similar to a US Army mule, but much better.
It is not street legal, although it has headlights and turn signals. It has
full weather protection, but can be made into a convertible and the
windshield folds flat for going under low trees for when East Germany
invades West Germany. It'll go about 40 mph. It is smaller than a VW bug. It
is really cute, in a homely kind of way.
     It is the little brother to the Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer, if you know what
those are,  which is still on active duty in many European military forces.
     Parts are available through several importers including
SoCalPinzgauers.com.
     Anyway, I am trying to find it a home and thought that maybe someone on
the list might want to buy it or know someone else who might.
     It is fully restored and he wants $8000 for it.
     If you want a jpeg of it, contact me at my work email address where I
have high speed internet. bbrewer@lehighcement.com. I'll send listers a jpeg
even if they are not interested in buying it.
     My friend and I took a trip over the crest of the Sierra Nevada
Mountains to explore mines and ghost towns. It would also be good for
prospectors and hunters.
     It is taking up my TR's parking spot.
     Thanks,

     Bill Brewer