Fwd: TR4/4A Water Pump Pulley Attachment Problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: TR4/4A Water Pump Pulley Attachment Problem
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 06:17:24 -0600
I've seen a couple of these pulleys that were not properly machined. I'd
look at the thickness of the shoulder against which the nut abutts, and if
there's enough stock I'd have a local machine shop, or a buddy with a
lathe, face some off.

All the water pumps I've purchased in the past several years have had a
metric thread on the shaft. That seems pretty dumb to me -- if the Chinese
are getting all our jobs, why can't they at least put a UNC thread on the
shaft?

>From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
>
>List,
>
>I have in my possession two County (an English company, according to the
>box) water pumps, model GPA29.  I also have the alternator conversion
>kit from Revington, which included a thin-belt water pump pulley.  The
>problem is, when the pulley is installed on the pumps (they are

uncle jack