Re: Valve Cover Fitting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve Cover Fitting
From: John Innis <innisjohn@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:25:05 -0600
Along those lines, someone posted this tip to another Spitfire list
not long ago.  I can't find the original email, so I am unable to
credit the author.  Hopefully he won't mind me passing on this tidbit.

He suggested placing a dozen or so styrofoam disposable coffee cups
on various points of the motor and then closing the bonnet.  When you
reopen the bonnet, the amount of crush will tell you how much
clearance you have.  You might have to use a little grease to get the
cups to stay put.  But then you will know exactly where you have
problems.

John