Re: quiz

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: quiz
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:19:06 +0000
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, at around 13:43:00 local time, Randall Young
<ryoung@navcomtech.com> wrote:
>> Eleven?   I got 16%.   Given that there were 25 questions, I reckon that
>> makes an impressive, um, four.
>
>And probably means you didn't notice it allows multiple guesses.

You're quite right, I didn't - but that would be cheating!

>  I didn't
>entirely figure out the method used to arrive at the percentage figure, but
>at least for me, it didn't seem to match the number of correct answers
>(either initial or eventual) divided by 25.
>
>(Says I got 9 right the first time.  Should've been higher, but I got the
>Crosley confused with the Kaiser-Fraser.  And the Mini in Japan was so
>obvious it had to be a trick question <g>)

I nearly bought a Japanese Mini a few years ago.   A shipload of cars
had sailed through a hailstorm in the Sea of Japan, and the Japanese had
rejected the lot due to the damage; they came back to UK, had a bit of
minor bodywork done on them and were being flogged off very cheaply.   I
was really taken by the idea of a Mini with air-con, until I tried to
drive the thing with the AC switched on.   The engine was powerful
enough to drive the car, or drive the AC, but not both...   Probably not
noticeable in a Tokyo traffic jam, but a real downer when attempting to
whizz around country lanes in England.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671