Re: insurance

To: jerryvv@alltel.net
Subject: Re: insurance
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 06:51:01 -0800 FILETIME=[505ACAD0:01C3E677]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Jerry,

Specialsist policies all have that restriction for exactly the reason you
cite. They wouldn't underwrite me when I had my mother living with me who
wasn't driving at the time due to a medical condition.
They also won't touch anyone with a DUI or other serious offense on record.

I'm not in the insurance business, but it is based on risk so they can do
what they choose wether we like it or not. That said, I finally did get my
specialsit policy a few years back and the cost savings is dramatic. I also
rest easier knowing my policy covers what I think my car is worth, not what
their adjuster says AFTER a loss.

I suspect your high school aged driver will be thrilled by your decision to
buy them a new car.....

Seriously though, if you're already paying liability for your son/daughter I
doubt your coverage will go up too much if you purchase one more (old) car
for your policy. Remember, it really doesn't need to be driven to be
insured. You could always get say a 1965 Spitfire, register and insure it,
then start a restoration.

You can do the math between ~2 more years of full price insurance for your
classic and an additional family car. Good Luck....

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR 4

>Here is what I found out and it's very interesting. They will not write a
>policy for me because I have 4 drivers residing in my household and do not
>have 4 regular cars insured on my general policy, I only have 3 cars
>insured. I guess they then determine that as a result I would use the TR
>for
>general everyday use as a 4th car and not as an occasional use vehicle.
>Hence no insurance from them. No matter that one of the drivers is high
>school aged and doesn't need an everyday car.
>
>I've not found that from any other company that I've spoken with, maybe
>that's a general policy for all of them and it's never come up in my
>conversations and should have.
>
>Any comments from someone who's in the insurance business and can speak to
>the facts?

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up  fast & reliable Internet access with prime