Update: GT6 steering rack

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.net>
Subject: Update: GT6 steering rack
From: "Ken Copeland" <khoco@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 01:25:11 -0500
Well I got the Steering Rack apart. The Rack looks good but the pinion is
noticeably worn. All I need is a pinion,bushing. and gaiters. The only problem
is the pinion. Moss carries them but only lists the TR4A, TR250, TR6, and the
newer spits and its the same part number. Moss uses their own part numbers so
I can't cross reference the number with my spare parts catalog.
     Can anyone give me the Triumph TR6 part numbers for the pinion and the
rack? I'd like to see if it would fit the GT6.
TIA
Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784
70 Spit FDU84919