TR4 gbx shaft engagement length in clutch?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 gbx shaft engagement length in clutch?
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:14:34 -0500
Listers,

I'm lightening a TR4 flywheel, and want to remove gobs of weight from the
face where the clutch mounts.  That in itself is no problem, but I need to
know how far the gearbox input shaft engages the splines on the clutch
plate.  I don't want to face the flywheel so much the clutch moves too far
forward and I only get partial spline engagement.

An alternate measurement would be the dimension from the block surface
where the gbx mounts to the flywheel face - I can run the calculations from
there.

Tnx!!!

Jim

--