parts cross reference...

To: "spitfires@autox. team. net (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph Owners Digest (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: parts cross reference...
From: "Smith, Brian (Inland-Gaylord)" <BrianSmith1@templeinland.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:22:52 -0600 i14MOl8A023747
Listers,

A thought occurred to me while I was looking at the Summit catalogue.  Has
anybody ever looked for parts cross over between our cars and some of the
high performance goodies available for American iron.  I know this has been
done by rodders looking for extra options, like running another makes
connecting rods for a example.  I was looking at the aluminum drag racing
radiators (all Al, very reasonably priced) and wonder if such a beast would
work in a Spitfire.  That's the sort of stuff I was thinking about.  Like
would a set of billet aluminum piston rods work in a TR6?  How about forged
5 liter ford pistons in a GT-6.  Just thinking aloud.

Brian Smith

**********    Confidentiality Notice    **********
This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
writings are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) identified above. This message may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure
under applicable law. If the receiver of this information is not the
intended recipient, or the employee, or agent responsible for delivering
the information to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, reading, dissemination, distribution, copying or storage of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in
error, please notify the sender by return email and delete the electronic
transmission, including all attachments from your system.