RE: Wheel Cylinder Piston Q

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wheel Cylinder Piston Q
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:40:15 -0800
Bill, the slotted end went with some of the earlier brakes that did not have
a positive hold down, the ones with the adjustable peg that the shoe rested
against.  Your car should have later model brakes, that have a "nail" type
hold down, so the slot is not required.

Best guess ... your car's brakes have been replaced before.  The slotted end
will work fine with the later hold down design, it's just not required.

Randall