head gasket

To: "INTERNET:Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com" <Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com>
Subject: head gasket
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:43:03 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Shrack04@aol.com i1GIkJ8A010777
Message text written by INTERNET:Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com
>Maybe Ford should just stick to building trucks!   I've had very good luck

with the 3 Ford trucks that I've had over the years.  Their F250
powerstroke diesels run forever with only normal diesel engine
maintentance (I can't speak for the new 6.0 diesel that came out
recently).   I also owned two Ford Aerostar minivans a while back (before
Ford replaced it with the Windstar).  The older Aerostar minivan was built
on a truck chasis and had the Ranger truck series engine.  I never had any
engine problems at all with either of them and I abused those poor things
to no end.  I guess Ford dropped the ball on the Windstar trying to make
it too car-like.   I love their trucks, but I don't think I would buy any
Ford that was not built on a truck chasis.

<

Since we are comparing anecdotal evidence: My 97 Tarus (bought used, I
think it was a rental) has had zero non-scheduled maintenance issues and I
just clocked 105K.  Oh, the front rotors warped and I had them turned but
one would expect some brake maintenance in 100,000 miles.  The wife's 94
Escort just turned 95,000 and It did have a component failure.  The
harmonic dampener started to separate and it had to be replaced.

When I compare these cars to the AUDI I owned I think I'll stick with Ford.

Dave