GT6 seatbelt mounting location?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 seatbelt mounting location?
From: Steve Myers <mountainunicycle@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:51:44 -0800
Does anyone know the position of the mounting points and configuration
for 3-point retractable seat belts in an MK3 GT6?

I bought a set of retractable belts for my early '72 GT6. I was told
that late '72 GT6s (and after) came with these, as opposed to the
non-retractable 3-point that I have. I presume the bolt on top of the
wheel arch is where the pivoting belt guide goes, and I'll drill a hole
to mount the retracter unit directly below that?

I could just take a gander and guess approximately where to drill the
hole for the retracter unit, but a photo would be worth 1000 words, or
a description or some measurements would be quite helpful as well.

Thanks much!
Steve
'72gt6
'71tr6