RE: GT6 seatbelt mounting location?

Subject: RE: GT6 seatbelt mounting location?
From: "Keith A. Bay" <kabay@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:34:37 -0600
Before you go drilling holes be sure there are not already holes there. You
obviously found the holes at the turn toward the top of the wheel arch.
There should be another hole directly below it at the bottom of the wheel
arch about an inch above the  'floor'. If you take rear wheel off one side
of the car you should be able to easily see both holes (it is easier then
trying to poke through the carpet). They all sould have threaded inserts
although I 'backed them up' on the wheel well (outside) with lock nuts to
protect the threads on the bolts and ensure that they didn't come loose.

I believe Graham Robson's book "Triumph Spitfire and GT6" ( ISBN:
0-94798-1608  ) has some pictures of three point retractable eat belt
setups.

Keith A. Bay
Hartland, WI
'73 GT6 MkIII  #KF20729U

NASS - North American Spitfire (& GT6) Squadron, #92
VTOW - Vintage Triumphs of Wisconsin, Membership Committee