RE: TR3 Gas Pedal Shaft & Linkage

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Gas Pedal Shaft & Linkage
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:06:07 -0700
It is supposed to be straight!

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Scottsdale, AZ

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Bill Brewer
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 9:35 AM
To: Triumphs
Subject: TR3 Gas Pedal Shaft & Linkage

     I am re-doing the bushings and pins in the gas pedal linkage of my
TR3A. On my car, the horizontal part of the linkage is bent up. It looks
like the DPO did it to clear the back of the block or something. The MOSS
catalog drawing makes it appear to be a straight shaft. Is it supposed to be
straight?
     I have a TR6 OD trans in the car which makes the engine thrust slightly
forward on the front motor mounts, so I think that if I straighten the shaft
I should be okay. That assumes that it was supposed to be straight to begin
with.
     I can't get the collar that holds the bushing closest to the pedal off
to change the bushing unless I straighten the shaft.
     Any help from the list?

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA