Re: MC bracket

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MC bracket
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:09:53 -0700
Randall Young wrote:

>DOT-5 silicone will absolutely not harm any (dry) paint (although it does
>attract dirt a bit).  And as Fred has pointed out, even DOT-3/4 won't harm
>cured powder coat.

The body area under my master cylinders (and the commission plate) on
the TR4 were practically paint free from the PO's presumably filling the
reservoirs while blindfolded.  But... the black bracket that held the
master cylinders still looked good... worn and nicked but no paint
damage from brake fluid.  Does not appear to have been removed or repainted.

Perhaps the originals were painted with something with superior
resistance to solvents (as compared to body paint).  The finish on the
bracket is a low-gloss black that looks more like a coating than a coat
of paint.

Now, of course, I have DOT 5 in there so I can fill it blindfolded too.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ