Re: Ford Bashing (was: head gasket)

To: AVALON2455@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ford Bashing (was: head gasket)
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:17:04 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I have driven Ford Thunderbirds for over fifteen years.  The 1988 model
went 140,000 without a mechanical problem.  It was a 302 enginge.  The
1995 I drive now has not been as maintenance free, 4.6 sohc emgine, but
is still very reliable.  The problems on it are in the electronics.
Over 100,000 miles now and the only major problem was a bad computer.  I
would buy another Tbird in a second if they still made the same style.
Frankley nothing else on the market attracts my attention.
--
        Best regards,
        Tom