Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1831

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1831
From: ScharfR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:30:07 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2004 1:21:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, "jonmac" <
jonmac@ndirect.co.uk writes in the Triumph list digest:

> Did you know your Triumph engine is an excellent kitchen?

That brings to mind many trips in my childhood.  My folks would load the kids
(all 8) into the station wagon, throw a few cans of Dinty Moore Beef Stew
under the hood and head for Grandma's.  As Jonmac notes, it helps to puncture
the
cans and secure them where they won't cause mischief if dislodged. Many miles
down the road we would have a tasty warm meal at the roadside.

On a related note, there's a cookbook called Manifold Destiny. Hard to find.
You guessed it, all the instructions you'll need for in-car cooking.  Mostly
humorous, but still a good read for the purpose.

Bob Sharp
64-ish TR4