Re: Assembly Lubricant

To: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Assembly Lubricant
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 04:56:31 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I use "Assembly lube" - specifically designed for this purpose - Have used
it for every engine rebuild I have ever done (which is actual;y quite a few
over the years).  It's in the just rebuilt 289 that is going in the 40 Ford
truck and it will be used in the 70 Spitfire engine in my wife's car when I
put it together next.  It's a thick moly lube that stays in place until the
oil starts flowing and insures that no matter what, the surfaces are
lubricated at the critical moment before and just after starting an engine,
even if extended cranking was required to get it started -
Barry Schwartz - San Diego -(bschwart@pacbell.net)
---