Re: Assembly Lubricant

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Assembly Lubricant
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:20:43 -0000
Hi Terry
Definitely do NOT use grease, it can get into the oil galleries and reduce
or even block oil flow to important bits as it does not dissolve in oil very
quickly! I like to make fitting the distributor one of the last things I do
as this enables me to drive the oil pump with a battery drill with a
screwdriver blade fitted in the chuck to freshen the oil in the bearings
etc.

Graham.