TR engine in Volvo?

Subject: TR engine in Volvo?
From: "Glenn Coughenour" <gecoughenour@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:07:19 -0500
I learned to drive on a Volvo 544, that I am sorry to admit was fairly new at
that time.  A few years later when I bought my first car and Triumph, a 1966
TR4A IRS, I thought that when I opened the hood I was looking at the B-16 or
B-18 [don't recall which] engine that was in my sister's PV-544.  Did Volvo
use the TR [Vanguard] engine, or do the two engines just have a lot of
similarities?

Glenn C
1959 TR3A TS31684L [in total frame up restoration]
1960 TR3A TS64803L [driving, but needs work]