Re: Seat Belts

To: <ZinkZ10C@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:54:24 -0600
From: <ZinkZ10C@aol.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 11:48 AM

> In a message dated 2/21/04 11:29:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> 105671.471@compuserve.com writes:
>
> <<  I
>  doubt lap belts met the saftey regulations of 1973.  Nor will SCCA be
>  satisfied with them.
>
>  Dave >>
>
> For Solo 2 autocross, lap belts have been enough.  But, get a current rule
> book and check.

A lap belt is absolutely enough to drive your Stock or Street Prepared TR6
in an SCCA Solo2 autocross.  Be aware that you can not use any aftermarket
shoulder belt unless you have a roll bar.  In other words, if you do not
have a roll bar, you are limited to either the stock three-point or a lap
belt from any source.  No aftermarket harnesses.  No Turner Belts.

Since my TR4 never had a three-point from the factory, I use a simple 2" lap
belt.

This rule is for "open" cars.  If you have a "closed" car like a GT6, you
can run any seat-belt harness combination you like, as long as it includes a
lap belt.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"Drifting is the synchronized swimming of auto competitions."  -Gene Bennett