Re: VTR National Convention locations

To: "TRlist (tr)" <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[887C1810:01C3FB08]
Subject: Re: VTR National Convention locations
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:00:56 -0500
Hop-count: 1 i1OJ3i8A003613
First, let me clarify that the North American Triumph Challenge, the
precursor to the VTR National Convention was first conceived by this
lists very own Irv Korey of the ISOA.

Second, to complete the list that Andy Mace started:
1976 Chicago area (ISOA)
1977 Detroit area (DTSC)
1978 Chicago area (ISOA)
1979 Detroit area (DTSC) (VTR and DTSC also hosted STIR that year)
1980 Chicago area (ISOA)
1981 Detroit area (DTSC) I believe that STIR was held in PA.
1982 Chicago area (ISOA)

Note: STIR was Standard-Triumph International Rally, now defunct.

Third, if you don't like the locations of the Convention, submit
an offer to host it. Ask anyone who has chaired the thing about
the effort that goes into it. I have tried to get DTSC to host
it again, even offering to be general chair. No one wants to get
that involved.

And last, the 2005 Convention location has already been set, it
will be back in Chicagoland.

Regards,

Doug

--