GT6 trans needed

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 trans needed
From: aribert <aribert@c3net.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:48:39 -0500
Last March I pulled the trans out of my GT6 to replace the clutch &
pressure plate.  I also decided to replace the trans synchros while the
gearbox was out.  THen I got real busy.  Next opportunity to work on the
trans was in December when I dismantled it.  THis past Friday evening I
once again had a bit of time and I once again began to work on the
trans.  While rummaging for a bearing separator on the opposite side of
the garage, with my back turned, the trans decided to jump off of the
workbench! Net result was: a cracked trans case and possibly a bent main
shaft (I have yet to get the main shaft between lathe centers to check
for straightness).  Sucks to be me at the moment.

I need to buy another GT6 transmission.  My first preference would be
for a trans from '66-'70 GT6 with OD (note: OD does not need to be
included, my OD was working just fine).  Second preference would be for
a '66-'70 w/o OD (assuming that my main shaft is still straight).  My
third preference would be from a '71 to '73 trans w/ OD (again OD does
not need to be present). Transmission can be worn and in need of
refurbishment.  If its the early version, I can use parts from my
damaged box as spares.

If someone out there has a factory P/N book for GT6, is the trans case
shared for all years?  I know the internals are different 70 to 71 up.

If you have a trans available, please contact me off list as to price
condition and location.  I would consider buying a parts car, I am
located in the metro Detroit area and would be willing to travel about
400 miles to pick up a car and would assume that a purchased trans would
be shipped unless local to me.  I am in digest mode and don't always get
to read my e-mail daily.  Lack of a prompt response on my part is not an
indication of a lack of interest on my part.  THanks