Re: New Valve Cover and New Gasket

To: <murray54@bellsouth.net>, "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Valve Cover and New Gasket
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:23:30 -0000
Hi Rick
I have a Dolomite Sprint which has a flat paper type gasket for the cam
cover which sits on an angle so is very difficult to fit "dry". I "glue" the
gasket in place with Welseal, a brown sticky substance which is non
hardening, it does slowly change in consistency from runny like double cream
to thick and treacle like which makes cleaning off for a new gasket time
consuming though not hard work like products such as Red Hermatite which I
have also seen used for this purpose!

Graham.