RE: TR3A - mounting bolt on dynamo pedestal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A - mounting bolt on dynamo pedestal
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:01:18 -0800
Eric K. wrote :

>  I thought I'd ask here first: does anybody know what size bolt should go
> here?

Eric, I don't recall the size offhand, but it is (and should be) a special
bolt.  The bolt is not very long, but must have a smooth shank where the
generator touches it.  Otherwise, the threads will act as a file against the
soft aluminum, and grind away the generator end plate.

TRF has them listed as being in stock.  Not cheap at $1.95 each, but a lot
cheaper than a new generator.

Randall