Engine Balancing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Balancing
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:02:08 -0400
Hello, everyone.  Before I begin assembling my engine parts, I have one last
question.  The machine shop has done my crank, head, block, and piston rods,
meaning cleaned, decked, installed bearings and bushes, hardened seats, and
put in the valves, etc.

But I didn't ask them to balance anything.  I never have in the past balanced
an engine, and they ran seemingly fine.  Is this a must?

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A (Off the frame and in pieces, but the engine is ready for assembly
and installation with a rebuilt OD A type on a rebuilt suspension!)