Re: TR3A Gas and Brake Line Recommendations

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Gas and Brake Line Recommendations
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:29:03 -0700
> Being a pre-60K car, Terry's TR3A should already have the shutoff valve
> mounted to the frame right next to the pump.  Since it's all hard line
from
> there to the tank, it's not likely he'll have a problem requiring a valve
> near the tank.
> At least, I've never felt the need for one.

Yes, I seem to remember seeing something about an original shut off valve,
never saw one on my car though :-)   I guess my gas lines are not original
either as there are a few rubber components in there, more now that I've
been messing with it. But the first time I had a gas leak problem was a leak
in the solid line in the loop just past the tanks, that was the first time I
wished I had a shut off at the tank.  The second time was when there was a
leak in the tank itself.  Then there was the time I put an electric fuel
pump as a backup, and of course the time I took it out because it got
clogged and blocked all fuel flow to the pump.

> But I agree, if your car doesn't have a shutoff valve, it's definitely
worth
> adding one.  Personally I'd rather not have to crawl under the car every
> time I clean the sediment bowl, but your taste may vary.

Actually, I was thinking of one in each location.

Bob