RE: Do it yourself alignment question (TR3A)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Do it yourself alignment question (TR3A)
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:24:41 -0700
> I skimmed the following off the archive (from Randall I think),
> this method
> will ensure the total toe-in is correct across the front wheels
> but how do I
> know it's even?  i.e. if the correct toe-in is say 2 degrees, how
> do I know
> one wheel isn't in 1.5 degrees and the other is .5?

It's actually not critical at all, this is in effect just centering the
steering.

If it's wrong, you'll have to turn the wheel slightly to one side to get the
car to drive straight.   If you want to correct it, loosen and turn both tie
rods by the same amount in opposite directions.  You can then recheck the
toe if you want, but it should still be OK.

Note that most roads are crowned, which means the car tracks slightly
off-center anyway.

Randall