Re: Tr3a brake light.

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tr3a brake light.
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:46:18 -0700
From: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
> Hi all,
>
> I need to make a bracket to install a electric switch on the brake pedal
> wire in parallel with the pressure switch. The switch I am going to use is
> spst normally open, like the one used on my truck.  So, when the pedal is
> not being pressed the switch is activated and the circuit is open, press
the
> pedal and close the circuit
>
> The question is does anyone has a design for a bracket that will help?
>
> Thanks
> David Templeton

I did the same on my 56 TR3 as Geo and Randall mentioned.  I removed the
brake line pressure switch and and installed a TR4 switch on the front of
the master cylinder bracket.  The line pressure switches tend to fail.  Both
my TRs have 40 year old non-hydraulic switches that still work perfectly.

Paul Willoughby
Torrance, CA
1956 TR3
1964 TR4