Re: Chrome plating

To: rbtr3a@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chrome plating
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:58:07 EDT
In a message dated 7/22/2004 9:43:35 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
rbtr3a@cox.net writes:

Guys  have any of you had your TR3 windshield frame re-chromed? If so
where? and  what should I expect to pay.. I'm also curious about the
bumper overrides.

Ronnie,

Burgess Plating in Indianapolis rechromed a batch of parts for me this  past
winter.  They did a windscreen frame, two valve covers, a pair of  windscreen
stanchions, gas cap and latch, two sidescreen arm brackets  and two grab
handles.  Paid $375 and am very pleased with the  work.  The Burgess workshop
is
pretty funky to look at, but they did a  terrific job.  I was concerned about
some light scratches in the first run  of the gas cap, and they didn't
hesistate
to do it again.  Looks  great.  Leo Burgess, 317-925-5255.  NFI, just a
satisfied  customer.

Bill Stagg
1960 TR3A