Re: Something new about tires....???

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Francis L. Precht" <fprecht@frostburg.edu>
Subject: Re: Something new about tires....???
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:56:34 -0500
> Hope this helps, rather than confuse.  But please remember, the air
> doesn't really hold mositure !!
> Bud Precht

Well, technically "air" is just a mixture of gases, including the water
vapor you described.  Typical air on earth contains water vapor, so air does
indeed include moisture.

I understand (I think) what you're trying to explain - the moisture or water
is not dissolved in the other gases that make up air (besides the water
vapor).  Regardless... I believe we're all pretty much in agreement here.
As David put it... snake oil. :)

BTW, I usually fill my tires with helium.  I've found it shaves nearly a
pound off of the overall weight of the car and increases my acceleration by
almost 0.05%! :)

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4