Re: TR6 radiator

To: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>, "- triumph \(E-mail\)" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 radiator
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:09:03 -0500
Lee and others,

> 2) Does anyone on the North American side of the pond have
> experiance with having a custom aluminum radiator
> constructed for a TR6?

Yes, I have a customer completing a restoration who is using a custom
aluminum radiator (among a bunch of other performance parts).  The radiator
was produced by Ron Davis and cost just under $850.  The radiator is
stunning and should be in the Museum of Modern Art.  Here is a photo of the
radiator:

http://www.wbclassics.com/cars/nikstr6.jpg

Ron Davis designed the radiator after they were shipped an original radiator
for reference.  They copied the dimensions, including keeping the inlet and
outlets in the stock locations.  Even the mounts were kept in their original
position.  What you cannot see in the photo is the large electric cooling
fan that Ron Davis also supplied, it is front-mounted on the radiator.

http://www.rondavisradiators.com/

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke