Drain Tap 60 TR3

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Drain Tap 60 TR3
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:51:58 EST
Morning all,
I was going to flush the coolant system yesterday. When I attempted to turn
the drain tap handle it snapped off. Getting smarter as I age, I left the
project alone for the day.
This morning I removed the enire tap. I had NO fluid draining and the  hole
was filled with crap. As in a dark oily thick type of crap. I'm going to  flush
the system, and left a cleaner in the system for a few days while I wait  for
a new drain tap to arrive.
Any ideas as to why I had no fluid draining and where the "crap" was from?
The car sat for about 3 years before I got it.

Terry F