Transmission/overdrive problem ??

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Transmission/overdrive problem ??
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:02:04 -0500
I'm looking for some help in troubleshooting a problem with my 60 tr3A (OD)
that started the last time I had it out for a run.  When I put the tranny into
reverse and let out the clutch the car wouldn't budge,  It was like the brakes
or transmission had locked up, but only in the reverse gear (forward gears
ok).  Then when I shut the engine off and put it in neutral, I could roll it
forward but not back.  Well, today I backed the car out of the garage, no
problem; drove around the block, everything was normal; tried to back into the
garage, car wouldn't budge.  Same symptoms again!!!  I checked it a couple of
hours later and it had freed up.   Any advice or ideas will be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks
Barry Papaleo
1960 TR3A   76035LO